Confronting Cropping Challenges
Getting the latest information on issues facing crop farmers and an opportunity to renew your private pesticide applicator license will all take place at a series of meetings in December. This is the second year for Confronting Cropping Challenges and responses from last year’s programs were very positive.
The real advantage to this program is private applicators can receive a lot of cropping information and a limited amount of the pesticide certification materials that you would receive at a traditional private applicator meeting. Those being recertified last year thought this was a great alternative to the pesticide training programs they had attended to get recertified in the past. Many said they would attend future programs, just for the crops information even if they didn’t need to be recertified.
Anyone that just wants the crops information can attend the first five sessions and leave. If you need to have your private applicator license renewed (renewal only, not initial certification) in 2018, you can stick around for the final session to be recertified. Even though this training is being offered in 2017, you will not lose a year of certification on your license.
The cost for the program is $10 if you are only attending the first five sessions. If you are being recertified, the cost will be $50. The additional $40 is the same as you would pay to be recertified at a traditional private pesticide applicator training.
- Crop Insect Update
- Crop Disease Update
- On-Farm Research Opportunities
- Selecting Hybrids/Varieties & Lodging Concerns
- Using Dicamba and Palmer Amaranth, Waterhemp & Marestail
- Private Pesticide Applicator Certification Update
When and Where:
All workshops run from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- December 14 – Pender in the Fire Hall – 314 Maple Street, Pender NE 68047
- December 18 – Stanton in the Community Building on the Fairgrounds – 302 6th Street, Stanton NE 68779
- December 19 – Tekamah in First Northeast Bank of Nebraska – 448 South 13th Street, Tekamah NE 68061
- December 21 – Fremont in the Dodge County Extension Office – 1206 W 23rd Street, Fremont NE 68025
To preregister online: http://croptechcafe.org/registration
Preregistration is requested prior to the event. To preregister by phone, call Nebraska Extension: 402-374-2929. For more information or assistance, please contact Nathan Mueller at email@example.com