Listen to this week’s KTIC Radio Extension Corner:
This is Dr. Nathan Mueller, your local agronomist with Nebraska Extension for Dodge and Washington counties. Our UNL Ag Technology Team will be offering four 2-day Precision Ag Data Management Workshops across Nebraska starting next week. Producers, consultants, government personnel, retailers, and other Ag professionals should attend. We are limited to 20 attendees per day, so please register early! The 2017 workshops will consist of presentations and hands-on exercises using Ag Leader SMS software, Microsoft Excel, and USDA Management Zone Analyst. Workshops will consist of separate topics covered across two days. Interested individuals may register for either or both days at a particular location. Registration includes lunch and snacks, a booklet of printed learning guides, a jump drive with workshop tutorials attendees can reference at home, available datasets, and continuing education units for CCAs.
Our two-day workshops run from 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. each day will be held at the following 4 locations:
- Nebraska Innovation Campus in Lincoln on January 10th and 11th
- The 4-H Building in York on January 12th and 13th
- West Central Research & Extension Center Auditorium in North Platte on January 26th and 27th
- Northeast Community College Lifelong Learning Center in Norfolk on February 7th and 8th
To register for these upcoming workshops visit our website at agronomy.unl.edu/precisionag or give me a call at 402-727-2775.
Day One Ag data management topics include:
- creating field-based profitability maps with yield data and partial budgets,
- soil sampling and development of grid and zone based maps,
- setting up variable rate on-farm field trials,
- and analyzing yield versus as-applied data for on-farm research.
Day Two Ag data management topics include:
- available data sets and utilization of aerial imagery,
- profitability maps using as-applied data,
- development of management zones using Ag Leader SMS Software,
- and development of management zones using USDA Management Zone Analyst.
For more information about these upcoming precision Ag data management workshops, visit our local website at croptechcafe.org or give me a call at 727-2775. Know your crop, know your tech, know your bottom line. This is Dr. Nathan Mueller, your local agronomist for Nebraska Extension on KTIC radio.